Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

OK, it has been a while since I posted and the answer to why is a bit complicated.  First, Ovarian Cancer Month and Breast Cancer Month back to back burned me out somewhat and I needed a mental break.  Not that I ever got a complete break as I have one dear friend of many years battling her first (and hopefully only) breast cancer occurrence and another  battling stage IV breast cancer.  I am happy to report that my friend M completed chemotherapy in December and is now on the mend.  To celebrate the end of her chemotherapy and her 50th birthday, which was a few months ago, our group of six girlfriends did a mini vacation together without husbands and children.  My friend M works for Princess Cruises so we did a 5 day cruise out of Los Angeles.  I cannot remember a time when I have laughed as much as we did on this trip.  We never got off the ship, ate frequently, and laughed and talked continuously during all waking hours.  I left this trip feeling like I had my batteries fully recharged and one of my many New Year's resolutions is to get back to blogging regularly.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment